Gowdy House

The Gowdy House is located on George Street in the Susanna Historic District. This area was laid out next to the town of New Richmond by Thomas Ashburn in 1816. Ashburn was a native of Lancashire, England who had lived in Cincinnati. The land was acquired from William Lytle by 1788. The town was named in honor of Ashburn's wife Susanna. The house was built about 1853 during New Richmond's most prosperous era of steamboat manufacturing.

April through October Open Second
Saturday of the month

125 George St.
New Richmond, OH 45157

(513) 553-9770

Map to New Richmond

Click on map for larger view


Historic New Richmond
P.O. Box 2
New Richmond, Ohio 45157

Copyright © 2004-2008 Historic New Richmond, INC, All Rights Reserved